A few years ago, marketing strategies bombarded internet users with constant advertising to urge them to get their products. Nowadays, users prefer to follow web pages where they can obtain valuable information about their specific interests and enjoy being part of a community created around a brand. As a result, a new strategy called “Content Marketing” has emerged.
But what is Content Marketing? It is a method in which content publishing allows users to learn about a variety of themes in order to gain viewers and generate consumer loyalty as ultimate goals. Want to know more about it? Let’s look at what you should consider when planning the future content of your website.
What is your content strategy?
When it comes to content publishing, everyone has their own style; however, there are four predominant strategies. Let´s review the pros and cons.
Websites that carry out this strategy are like encyclopedias since they manage to have all the information associated with their brand, from the oldest to the newest. The problem is that sometimes the quality of the content delivered is not good; therefore, those visitors initially attracted by the page may feel disappointed and turn to other websites to look for the information.
It focuses on publishing new and recent content. Such a strategy attracts the attention of users eager for breaking news. Being the first to have something published will not allow you to cover all the content, but users will always remember where they first learned about it and your page will be a candidate for future visits.
Although many do not consider that developing a topic creatively and ingeniously is a content strategy, the truth is that aiming to captivate users with a fresh and lighthearted narrative will attract readers exhausted about flat information. Following this strategy will bring you a lot of joy, but you will also have to deal with the fact that your followers will always expect to continue feeling fascinated and will accept nothing less.
It takes effort and resources to achieve excellence. Pages that use this strategy do not usually have a lot of content available; perhaps they don´t even have the latest news on a certain subject. However, each publication is outstanding as the result of exhaustive research. This strategy requires a lot of resources that may not be affordable to a site just starting.
How to create a content calendar
A content calendar is a method with which you will organize all the information you want to publish on your website to keep it traceable, helping increase productivity and planning the output of new topics in advance. Let us show you how to create your own content calendar.
The first step in creating a content calendar is to set up a meeting with your team (if you have one) to discuss and make clear the following points:
1. Website approach: What is the real goal of the website? Are you looking to improve positioning? Boost traffic? Increase of followers or sales? Once objectives are defined, the next question is: How long will it take to reach them?
2. Your audience: Whom are you writing to? It is mandatory to define your target audience in detail since this will allow you to choose the topics that best suit the users´ interests.
3. Posting route: Once you are clear about the objective of your publications and the target audience, it is time to talk about the frequency of publication. It will allow you to assign the activities of your team efficiently.
4. Post categories and typology: Organization is crucial. Classify your posts by categories, users will appreciate it later. It is also important to define the typology of your posts: What do you want to do? Interviews? Slides? Long posts?
5. Authors: Define who the contributors and authors of each post will be.
6. SEO keywords: Keywords are the driving force of your content; Considering this, be sure to choose the appropriate ones for each one in advance.
If you follow these steps, you will have half of the work done. Now, you will be able to focus on the template. There is no such thing as a unique template: it will depend on what each page needs. The following is a list of items that can help you create it:
- Publication date of the content
- Suggested title per article
- Additional notes
How to choose the right themes for your website
Before choosing any topics for your website it is important to define who your buyer personas are. This term refers to a fictional representation, a product of previous research on who should be the target audience that will resonate with your publications. Take the time to find out who is your target by taking advantage of valuable information in the public domain like demographics or details such as preferences, average time spent on the Internet, ideologies, and even special needs. This data will give you a better understanding of which content will be of great value to your buyer personas and which will not.
How to write articles that are attractive and useful
A good article relies on two fundamental pillars: The first one is to be informed because it is complicated to write adequately about a topic that you don´t know in detail. The second is creativity since it helps add a personal and fun touch to the post and invites further reading. Here are some tips that will help you create an interesting article from scratch:
- Title as the hook: The first impression is never forgotten. Take some time to choose an attractive title for readers.
- Keywords: Keywords are excellent for positioning your articles. Make sure you choose at least one.
- Study your competitors: Before writing an article read other similar published content. What is missing in those articles that you can improve? That is the key.
- Organize: Structuring the content before starting will help you not only to organize your ideas but also to finish the work faster.
- Start writing: Once you have followed all these steps you will notice more fluency in your writing. It is time to be creative!
How to use social media marketing strategies for your website
Although a Content Marketing strategy is fundamental to gaining new followers, social networks will also be a handy ally in advertising your website. But remember: Quality will always beat quantity; therefore, you should better select those of greater interest to your buyer personas.
It is important to infuse your social networks with personality and to connect with the public, social network users appreciate audio-visual content. Don’t be afraid to create videos, infographics, and even live streams where content creators answer questions and engage with the public. This will allow you to gain loyal followers and a community that will accompany you in all your projects in the long run.
How to optimize your site for search engine results pages (SERP)
The goal of website optimization aims to rank at the top of search engine results pages. How to achieve it?
1. On-site optimization: In order to catch the attention of Google’s or other search engine’s algorithms the content must have over 300 words, it must be original, and have at least one keyword throughout the text. Also relevant is that the page is well-structured since loading times have a drastic impact; therefore, fluid pages are ranked first in the search engine. Make sure that your page can be displayed flawlessly on any device.
2. Off-site optimization: These are external actions such as high-quality links from relevant and recognized sites that boost visibility.
How to increase traffic with SEO techniques
These are some SEO techniques to boost traffic to your website:
- Bring satisfaction to your buyer personas by regularly publishing quality content;
- Use specific keywords carefully selected;
- Analyze in detail all information and data regarding your visitors;
- Design an easily accessible page;
- Choose your presence on carefully selected social networks as per your followers’ interests to promote the name and address of your website.
Additionally, there are paid advertising campaigns through some specialized websites.
By following these steps, you can create appealing and useful content that will boost traffic to your website. We wish you great success in your future projects! If you don’t have time, then you can contact a content agency like Contenist.com!